WSDL SOAP header

I need to create a Soap client using a wsdl with a header for authentication.
My problem is that i cant see the request going out in SOAP.  Im sure if i
had this, it would be able to figure it out a lot easier.  Anyways, back to
my problem...

I need to have a header format like this...
<soap:Header>
<authHeader xmlns=”http://www.random.com/xsd”;>
<user>user</user>
<password>password</password>
</authHeader>
</soap:Header>

The PHP I've seen through the previous posts is something like this:

$x["user"]="user";
$x["password"]="password";

$header=new SoapHeader('http://www.random.com/xsd','authHeader',$x);
$client->__setSoapHeaders(array($header));

When i send this request, i get a username/password validation error back
from the soap server.  I have seen some examples of setting the request like
this with a namespace and uri parameter... but not with just a wsdl.   Any
help would help me out.