Re: Re: Passing objects to soap server, complexType, classmap

Michael Rasmussen wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 11:38:30 +0200, Michael Rasmussen wrote:
>
>> WSDL
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <definitions name="server"
> 	targetNamespace="http://tempuri.org";
> 	xmlns:wsdl="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/";
> 	xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap/";
> 	xmlns:tns="http://localhost/~mir/uddi/uddiServer";
> 	xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";
> 	xmlns:SOAP-ENC="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/";
> 	xmlns="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/";>
>

> <types xmlns="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/";>
>     <schema xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";
> 	targetNamespace="http://localhost/~mir/uddi/uddiServer";>
> 	<complexType name="input">
> 	    <sequence>
> 		<element name="firstname" type="xsd:string" />
> 		<element name="lastname" type="xsd:string" />
> 	    </sequence>
> 	</complexType>
>     </schema>
> </types>

 Dear Michael,

Thanks for your example wsdl en soap client and server. I was looking quite
a time on internet on the issue of passing complexTypes and classmaps on the
web. But I am still very much wrestling on how to extend it to more
elaborate complex types for passing data to the server. I find it hard to
find good and usefull documentation on it.

In this respect, may I ask you to expand your example wsdl and client and
server coding, to a situation where the person data is not only firstname
and lastname within the element input, but e.g. has age and gender within
another element e.g. specify. Moreover these elements are within the element
person which is within the element family.  With such a hopefully realistics
and understandable example worked out by you in your coding examples sofar
for wsdl, client and server, we may certainly be helped about how to extent
the concept of e.g. classmaps, etc.

My complextypes thus may increase to e.g.:

	<complexType name="input">
 	    <sequence>
 		<element name="firstname" type="xsd:string" />
 		<element name="lastname" type="xsd:string" />
 	    </sequence>
 	</complexType>
 	<complexType name="specify">
 	    <sequence>
 		<element name="age" type="xsd:string" />
		<element name="gender" type="xsd:string" />
	    </sequence>
 	</complexType>
	<complexType name="persona">
 	    <sequence>
 		<element name="input" type="xsd:string" />
		<element name="specify" type="xsd:string" />
	    </sequence>
 	</complexType>
	<complexType name="personb">
 	    <sequence>
 		<element name="input" type="xsd:string" />
		<element name="specify" type="xsd:string" />
	    </sequence>
 	</complexType>
             <complexType name="family">
                <sequence>
                  <element name="persona" type="xsd:string"/>
                  <element name="personb" type="xsd:string"/>
                </sequence>
             </complexType>

The element family is the toplevel element.

Kind regards,
Cees Dekker (Netherlands)