[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: PHP and SoapClient - problems communicting with ASP .net Web service



Jeffery,

Thanks for you reply. Unfortunately, I tried the same code on a PHP 5.2.1
server and it's still giving me the same error. I've run out of ideas and
don't know what to do. Is there a working example that i can look at just to
prove that it works? I've been stuck on the same task for days....




Jeffery Fernandez-3 wrote:
> 
> On Wednesday 17 October 2007 09:46, newfie wrote:
>> I have a web service which i want to consume via PHP.
>>
>> Whenever i attempt to communicate with it it comes up with:
>>
>> "Server was unable to process request. --> Object reference not set to an
>> instance of an object."
>>
>> Googled it and got the following:
>>
>> php.net/soap_soapclient_soapcall
>>
>> Apparently this code should work to fix the above problem:
> 
> more likely got to do with the version of PHP5  you are running. The 
> documentation for most of the newer functions are not upto-date. I fell
> into 
> a similar trap until I realised that I was using an old version of php5. I 
> recommened using 5.2.1 for SOAP related functionality.
> 
> cheers,
> Jeffery
>>
>>
>> <?php
>>
>> class Test {
>> public $account;
>> public $password;
>> }
>>
>> $parameters = new Test;
>> $parameters -> account = $username;
>> $parameters -> password = $password;
>>
>> try {
>> $client = new SoapClient ("https://www.somewebsite.com/Serv­;
>> ice.asmx?wsdl", array('classmap' => array('CheckUser' => 'Test')));
>> $client -> CheckUser ($parameters);
>> echo "Valid Credentials!";
>> }
>> catch (Exception $e) {
>> echo "Error!<br />";
>> echo $e -> getMessage ();
>> }
>>
>> ?>
>>
>> I modified it and my version as follows:
>>
>> <? class Book {
>> public $author = "1";
>> public $title = "2";
>> public $publisher= "3";
>> public $loc= "4";
>> }
>>
>> $bookC = new Book;
>>
>> $sc = new SoapClient("URLTOWEBSERVICE?wsdl",­ array('classmap' =>
>> array('bookC ' => "Book")));
>>
>> try {
>> print_r($sc->getBook($bookC));
>> }
>> catch (Exception $e)
>> {
>> echo $e->getMessage();
>> }
>>
>> WSDL as follows:
>>
>>
>> - <s:complexType name="Book">
>> - <s:sequence>
>> <s:element minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" name="author" type="s:string" />
>> <s:element minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" name="title" type="s:string" />
>> <s:element minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" name="publisher" type="s:string"
>> />
>> <s:element minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" name="loc" type="s:string" />
>> </s:sequence>
>> </s:complexType>
>>
>>
>>
>> Been stuck on it for a while, any ideas?
>>
>> I've also tried using nuSoap with the same result. :|
>> --
>> View this message in context:
>> http://www.nabble.com/PHP-and-SoapClient---problems-communicting-with-ASP-.
>>net-Web-service-tf4637443.html#a13244580 Sent from the Php - Soap mailing
>> list archive at Nabble.com.
> 
> -- 
> Internet Vision Technologies
> Level 1, 520 Dorset Road
> Croydon
> Victoria - 3136
> Australia
> 
>  
> 

-- 
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/PHP-and-SoapClient---problems-communicting-with-ASP-.net-Web-service-tf4637443.html#a13244887
Sent from the Php - Soap mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

-- 
PHP Soap Mailing List (http://www.php.net/)
To unsubscribe, visit: http://www.php.net/unsub.php



[PHP Home]     [PHP Users]     [Kernel Newbies]     [PHP Database]     [Yosemite]

  Powered by Linux