Re: [PHP] Re: [PHP-DB] Re: [PHP] PHP EOL

On Sun, Jul 3, 2011 at 11:22 PM, Karl DeSaulniers <karl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> @Stuart,
> Actually that is what made me look into the PHP_EOL Stuart. Wanting to do
> things right.
> Did you not read my initial email? I am not suggesting anyone adopt my
> code.
> The question was directed to what the differences are so I COULD learn the
> right way.
> Being that this was something I got off a tutorial from an accredited
> website, your saying that to the wrong person.
> I went and read the manuals and am here now posting the question so as to
> get the right direction.
> I have heard the argument and actually agreed. It would be better to use
> the PHP_EOL instead.
> I have been directed in the right direction. So I will be changing my code
> to reflect.

I meant no offence, I was simply responding to your comment:  "Also, It has
worked for years with no problem and I would still use it" ...and took it to
mean you would have no issue with using that code, so I thought it worth
pointing out that the standards exist for a reason.

In the name of clarification, the "manual" I was referring to is the sum
total of the RFCs that define the various protocols used on the internet,
not the PHP manual which I believe you think I meant.

-Stuart

--
Stuart Dallas
3ft9 Ltd