Multiple word queries

I'm trying to set up a page that will take a search from a previous pages
form and make a query of a keywords table using that data. Eventually I will
try to do some more elaborate things like adding the ability to group
phrases together and use boolean searching, but for right now the
functionality i need is thus:

say someone enters a search string of  "cat dog mouse rabbit" (without the
qoutes) into my search box. What I need for the results page to do is to
construct a query that will search through my keywords table for every
instance of ANY of those words. How would you suggest I handle this?