From: Neil Smith [MVP, Digital media]
[mailto:php@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 25 June 2004 16:22
To: php-db@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: chris_payne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  Date help needed

No, it's actually very easy to do the autocomplete once you get the hang
of
it. Actually the way I've done it is to populate a multi-select box but
you
could also use a DIV and write out the values

Dump the email addresses as an XML file (generate this dynamically) then

use XSLT to read out matching rows on each keyup ... basically you
filter
the XML file each time till you get down to one value

Yes, it's javascript but it works really well as long as you have some
control over your client browser (in the case of your boss, probably IE
but
it can be made to work in mozilla / firefox too)

Mail me offlist if you want a working example.

Cheers - Neil

At 11:07 25/06/2004 +0000, you wrote:
>From: "Chris Payne" <chris_payne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: <php-db@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 22:53:13 -0400
>Subject: RE:  Date help needed
>
>One thing he wanted which I didn't know how to do (Javascript I guess
which
>I don't know much about) was to preload a database of email address,
and as
>he started to type an email address it would do a sort of
auto-complete, but
>have no clue how to go about that so just told him not viable ATM.

CaptionKit http://www.captionkit.com : Production tools
for accessible subtitled internet media, transcripts
and searchable video. Supports Real Player, Quicktime
and Windows Media Player.

VideoChat with friends online, get Freshly Toasted every
day at http://www.fresh-toast.net : NetMeeting solutions
for a connected world.