Re: Mysql not receiving the data

Hi Andrew,

Andrew Rothwell wrote:
Thank you everybody that responded so quickly -
I used the suggestion of Franciccio - and the data is now gow into the db
Thank you very much - I really appreciate the help.

Another question - with this fix in place - do I still need the
register_globals = On ?
Or can I now turn it off?

It seems like you should have kept your old php.ini file, as this other error you encountered was probably due to your old php.ini file having this setting:

magic_quotes_gpc = 1

That INI var instructs PHP to automatically addslashes() to any GET/POST/COOKIE data. I would suggest turning this back on, unless you've thoroughly redesigned your code to not need it.

This is unrelated to register_globals, which you will need to leave on unless you redesign your application.

Hans