Load balancing and SQLite

Hey everyone,

Currently planning out the databases for a large project, and have decided to use separate SQLite database files for each users hit statistics. The problem is, there are two webservers, with a load balancer. I'm wondering what suggestions people might have on accessing the sqlite databases from either webserver? (As I can't write them to the same disk the webserver is on, without needing to copy it to the other webserver as well.) I _might_ have access to a third system, which I could use for a dedicated database server, but is NFS a viable solution? Would there be a noticeable performance impact when opening the database files remotely?

Thanks in advance for any responses,

Andy