Re: Mail Function

Graeme McLaren wrote:
Evening all, I've written a script which sends emails, there is no problem
with that.  I was wondering how I can check for email bounces, anyone know
how to do that?

Cheers,

G :)

using php 4.3.3 i did the following observation:

using the php mail function i created multi-bodypart mail (doing eventual quoted-printable and/or bas64 encoding all myself).

but 1 % of all messages i sent through this interface was rejected by a server under-way, because of illegal characters in the header.
i did not find out which characters where illegal, but when i finally omitted to use the php mail-function and created the message string/file all myself and submitted it to sendmail (/usr/sbin/sendmail < mailfile ), no header errors where detected any more.

suomi