Re: Remove all instances of a character....

Tried that but I got an error when using PHPMyAdmin...

UPDATE risk_corpdatacapture email = REPLACE(email,';','')
just don't work???

Wll confused now, cuase that's what I tried before I posted to the list...
and you guys say it should work too...

Any other ideas?
=============
Error
SQL-query :
UPDATE risk_corpdatacapture email = REPLACE (
email,
';',
''
)
MySQL said:
You have an error in your SQL syntax.  Check the manual that corresponds
to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '=  REPLACE
( email,
 ';',
 '' )' at line 1
==============

"CPT John W. Holmes" <holmes072000@xxxxxxxxxxx>
24/12/2003 13:27
Please respond to
"CPT John W. Holmes" <holmes072000@xxxxxxxxxxx>

<php-db@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <Tristan.Pretty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re:  Remove all instances of a character....

From: <Tristan.Pretty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> I have a MySQL database, with around 500 entries in one table...
> I've noticed that many entries have an erroneous ';' in the one of the
> fields.
>
> What I need to do, is tell MySQL to go through the ENTIRE table and find

> any instances of '  ;  ' and them delete them... leaving the rest of the

> data intact.

UPDATE TABLE SET column = REPLACE(column,' ; ','')

Reminder: This is a PHP list...

---John Holmes...