Re: Re: Read file

Hi Neil,

thank you so much for your advice! i have not programmed XML before so it
will take me a while to learn it.. your suggestion sounds really fantastic,
expecially the part when i don't even have to ask the users to direct me to
the file that i need..

my problem, simply put will be:
1) user has to enter details in a form
2) when user enters HotelCode in one of the fields in the  form,
3) javascript must pass the value to PHP to search for the HotelName,
HotelAddress, HotelTel etc..
4) and then PHP pass the fetched variables back to javascript
5) javascript place those values in the respective fields
6) user continues to complete the form

through many of the help from people on this list and on the web, i think
maybe i can:
1) create a frame and write my PHP query statements in it
2) set a cookie when the user enters the HotelCode
3) reload the frame with the PHP code and get the variable with $_COOKIE
4) on the same frame, echo the fetched variables into javascript fields

have not try this out yet.. but if anyone has any thoughts, would love to
hear it!

thanks much,
hwee