RE: using code for multiple sites

Hi

I do exactly this on servers running several hundred sites.

each site has a single file in the root, with any local config and a
variable $inc_root set.
eg
<?php
$config_var1 = 'xyz';
$config_var2 = 'xyz';
$inc_root = '/home/sites/shared_stuff/';
//must be an absulute not relative address
?>

all files are then referenced as

include($inc_root.'directory/sub_directory/file_i_want.php')

If you move things a lot you could link each site to a single file which
sets the $inc_root, so you only change one file.

HTH

Peter