Re: mail function

Hello,

On 10/30/2003 05:50 AM, Ng Hwee Hwee wrote:
i need to use a mail() function to send a job application to my inbox when
an applicant goes online and complete the application form. However, when
the contents of a certain field is very long, the message i get in my inbox
is truncated! can anyone help me please?

i've tried word wrap, chunk_split and chop but none worked..

the field in the form is something like <textarea name="experience"
cols="50" rows="8"></textarea>.

There are limits to the length of lines of e-mail messages.

If you can wrap lines to make them have no more than 75 characters that
is ok. If not, you can use quoted-printable encoding that breaks lines
after encoding, so the end mail program restores the original lines
without the breaks.

In either case, you may want to try this class that has a function named
WrapText to break line between words.

If you do not want to break the lines, the class can send you the
message parts using quoted printable encoding.

http://www.phpclasses.org/mimemessage

--

Regards,
Manuel Lemos

Free ready to use OOP components written in PHP
http://www.phpclasses.org/