Google
  Web www.spinics.net

Re: mysql problem importing data

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]


In article <20030807223123.19816.qmail@pb1.pair.com>, news.groups@web.de 
says...
> Hello Mark,
> 
> I have tryed it by splitting the file into pices and then insert it with the
> help of phpmyadmin. This woked.
> 
> however, I do have some more files to upload, and this seems to be not the
> fastest way:-)
> 
> I tryed this:
> mysql> LOAD DATA  INFILE 'Hotel_Description.txt'    INTO TABLE
> test.hotels_description    FIELDS  TERMINATED BY '\t' LINES TERMINATED BY
> '\n';
> ERROR 2013: Lost connection to MySQL server during query
> mysql> 030806 02:08:37  mysqld ended
> 
> As you can see, my db server creashed! Nothing special about this file.
> 
> I am running MySQL 3.23.49 without problems so far.
> 
> Merlin
> 
> "Mark" <mark_weinstock@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> 20030807192237.58802.qmail@web41203.mail.yahoo.com">news:20030807192237.58802.qmail@web41203.mail.yahoo.com...
> > You could use mysqlimport with --fields-terminated-by=";"
> >
> > or you could open it in something like Excel, parse it there (text to
> > columns), and save it as a CSV
> >
> > or you could read it line by, line into PHP, explode each line on the
> > ;, then insert the data into MySQL
> >
> > or you could write a <YourFavLanguageHere> script that does a string
> > substitution of ; to ,
> >
> > Lots ofother options, too, which I haven't thought of.
> >
> > --- Merlin <news.groups@web.de> wrote:
> > > Hi there,
> > >
> > > I have a data file with data seperated by semicolons. It is about
> > > 8MB big.
> > > Now I just want to import it into mysql.
> > > I tryed several things. First I took phpmyadmin, which resulted in
> > > a white
> > > page without error msg. Then I tryed it by hand with load data.
> > > This did not
> > > work as well. No I installed myodbc and tryed to export it from MS
> > > Access.
> > > This completly crashes my database server with this message:
> > >
> > >  /usr/local/mysql/bin/safe_mysqld: line 1:  1067 Segmentation fault
> > > nice --5 nohup
> > > /usr/local/mysql/libexec/mysqld --basedir=/usr/local/mysql
> > > --datadir=/home/m
> > > ysqladm/data --user=mysql --pid-file=/home/mysqladm/var/mysqld.pid
> > > --skip-lo
> > > cking -u mysqladm >>/home/mysqladm/data/SARATOGA.err 2>&1
> > > 030807 00:00:45  mysqld ended
> > >
> > > Has anybody an idea on how to import that data? Its nicely
> > > seperated by ;
> > >
> > > Thanx for any help,
> > >
> > > Merlin

I assume here that when you say the data is separated by semicolons, you 
mean that the fields are separated by semicolons. In that case you should 
be able to use LOAD DATA INFILE and tell it that the fields are terminated 
by semicolons, not tabs as in the example you show above.

-- 
Quod subigo farinam

$email =~ s/oz$/au/o;
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet?

-- 
PHP Database Mailing List (http://www.php.net/)
To unsubscribe, visit: http://www.php.net/unsub.php


[PHP Home]     [PHP Users]     [Postgresql Discussion]     [Kernel Newbies]     [Plagiarism Notes]     [Postgresql]     [Yosemite News]

Powered by Linux