Re: Thinking out loud - a continuation...

On 12-03-26 02:12 PM, Jay Blanchard wrote:
[snip]
This is one of "those" projects. It is apparently going to be trying every step of the way.
[/snip]

I was proven right this morning after all of Robert's good work and what I had added to make this work.  It turns out that the one service who was anxious to consume the JSON output expects that the JSON be a certain format. When I run their format through jslint it does not validate unless I add quotes around the name portion of the name:value pairs. In addition they use (perfectly valid) square brackets around the children groups that the output from json_encode() does not contain.

I am ready to take a loss on this one but I really didn't lose - Robert gave me a great way to retrieve the data with one query and create valid JSON from it. Thanks again Robert!

*lol* No worries... it's all about solving problems :)

Cheers,
Rob.
--
E-Mail Disclaimer: Information contained in this message and any
attached documents is considered confidential and legally protected.