I manually installed PHP in this directory. I'm going to reinstall PHP again, just to make sure I did everything right.
This is what I am downloading:
PHP 5.3 (5.3.2)
VC6 x86 Non Thread Safe (2010-Mar-04 20:11:06)
found at: <http://windows.php.net/downloads/releases/php-5.3.2-nts-Win32-VC6-x86.zip>

I am extracting it to F:/Apache/PHP/

From: "Lester Caine" <lester@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, April 07, 2010 1:45 AM
To: <php-install@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re:  Apache not finding PHP Module

Jonny Dahm wrote:
Hello! I've been working with HTML and PHP for a few weeks now.  For the
times leading up to now, I've been working at home on my Windows 7
computer and IIS. I had PHP up and running on my laptop perfectly fine,
but I wanted to work with PHP at school, too. I decided the best way to
do that is have the server on my flashdrive, and that Apache was the
best choice. I got it working and portable (amazingly), but when I
attempted to add a PHP handler, it wouldn't run. This is the error
message I get:

httpd.exe: Syntax error on line 500 of F:/Apache/conf/httpd.conf: Cannot
load F:/Apache/PHP/php5apache2_2.dll into server: The specified module
could not be found.

This is exactly what I added to httpd.conf:
# PHP 5
Loadfile "PHP/php5.dll"

# Load the module
LoadModule php5_module "PHP/php5apache2_2.dll"

# configure the path to php.ini
PHPIniDir "PHP/"

So where IS PHP?
The above settings do assume it is in F:/Apache/PHP, but obviously it is somewhere else - and I would guess F:/PHP if all you have done is installed using the defaults. So just need the F:/ adding ...

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL