Re: Rendering Judgment on the Gallery

This can be said much more succinctly. “Feck you! Strong letter to follow!"

On Mar 30, 2014, at 4:06 AM, wildimages@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

The flaw in all these schemes and rules (or is it codes of practice) for commenting on other's work is fine if you are
a professional critic - in reality most are not.

It's not just Photoforum - but other forums where "artists" share
their work - contributors are upset if there are no comments, but attack anyone who dares to comment negatively. Maybe
FB has it right ... there is a LIKE button but no more ... no hate, no boring, nothing else. Some people spend their
whole lives (it seems at times) begging for those elusive LIKES as if it matters.

I'd propose an alternative:

Critic:
"Your picture sucks, it's the worst photo, if you can call it a photo that's ever been shown in the gallery,
the gun is in the wrong place, the highlights are blown out, it's blurred in all the places I want it sharp and sharp
where you've over-used the unsharp mask. Horizon isn't level ... ete .... etc"
Artist:
"Thanks for taking the time to
comment."

Rob (not an artist)