Re: Abject lack of reviews

Well, of course, the easiest first step is to start reviewing. Have you looked at this week's gallery? Do you really have no questions, curiosity, opinions? Someone looked at something I put up last week and wanted to know how it was done. I was hoping if I explained I might start a conversation, but it fell flat there.

You know, we're all photographers. I share my stuff on Facebook and my friends all have thoughts and we share them. There's no good reason that can't happen here, except that people are weary of discussing each other's work.

I suppose if we can agree that that's what's going on, maybe Andy could decide to finally retire the list.

But if you don't want to talk about our work here, please ask to be my friend on Facebook. I'll miss some of you if you don't.

One last thing - I know there's a Photoforum page on FB, but FB has made Pages very inconvenient to get to in the last year, as part of its campaign to make the site financially viable. Most of the Pages I've subscribed to I must actively go seek out now, instead of just having postings land in my News feed. So I find the personal friending routine more conducive to actually getting stuff seen.
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx