Re: PHOTOFORUM digest 6494/dogital question.

To add to this line of rebuttal, take the case of walking from one place to another.  Soon there were competitions (i.e. running races); after that there were horse and buggy races, and horse races, and auto races.  Did each one supplant the previous? No.  There are always aficionados who appreciate the older method enough to stay with it.  Did photography supplant painting? -- silly question, right?