Re: PHOTOFORUM digest 6461/nitorgen + Polaroids

For what its worth,

When we discontinued a water cooled computer system we "blew the hoses" with nitrogen.  It is very dry.
When you buy tires from Costco they are filled with nitrogen, again because t is very dry.
If I remember correctly, the Library of Congress stores the rarest books in nitrogen ;

The fact that nitrogen is dry may well be the reason it is used for photo storage.

My $0.02 on nitrogen

Bob