Re: 8 new photographs in PF gallery on Jan 05, 2013

> Jim Thyer - Point Lonsdale Pier

Nicely exposed, and a nice leading line, but once we are where the leading
line leads, there is nothing to see.

> Christopher Strevens - Lonely Christmas Day

The name of the photograph is vital to the feeling of loneliness. The fact
that it's Christmas, and everyone else is home with loved ones, definitely
speaks loneliness to me. Good lines in the photograph.

> Bob McCulloch - Waiting

Warm and peaceful it might be, but it is not inviting, since there is a
fence in our way! What did you want to convey by keeping it in the frame?

> Emily L. Ferguson - Jacek answers the press' question

Must be an inside joke. I don't know who Jacek is. Although, I di like the
expressions on Jacek and the interviewer's face. The photograph is fairly
blurry.

> John Palcewski - Undies

Sorry, John, I just don't want to know, and the photograph isn't
compelling enough for me to ask. It is also poorly framed, with the main
subject trailing off the edge of the photograph.

> Jan Faul- William Patterson House, Gettysburg

Jan, there are many thing about this photograph that bother me, and since
you have so much experience, I have to believe they were intentional. Of
course, most viewers won't know your background. The colors are off, the
house is uncomfortably located in the frame, the house roof is oddly
curved (perhaps because of lens distortion). A strange composition.

> Jonathan Turner -

A well-exposed portrait, of a possibly mentally disturbed child? It's hard
to tell. Also, the cropping off of her legs is odd.

> Ken Sinclair - Grain-bin (VDB2)

This is rather under-exposed, and oddly toned. If this was indeed your
work for a course where you brushed on emulsion yourself, then it is
understandable. The photograph is not too interesting by itself; it is
probably a lot better as a series. Also, the photo looks tilted, not by
much, and perhaps it is an optical illusion, but it doesn't seem to be
sitting square.