Re: DPI?

Not sure if you use Mac but I got tangled up with this same problem some time back. Ends up my email was set to send a medium sized image rather than full sized. You can look at the bottom if your email window and you will find a drop down list of size options. Check that you're sending at full size.

Lea

the better you look the more you see

On Dec 28, 2012, at 9:21 AM, Marilyn <marilyn160@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thank you, Tina and James.  I’ll look into what you suggest.

Marilyn

Sent: Friday, December 28, 2012 6:53 AM
Subject: Re: DPI?

Hi, Marilyn -

You probably mean PPI instead of DPI.  Pixels per inch.  If you open the image in Photoshop and go to Image > Image Size a dialogue box will come up allowing you to set the PPI and size of the image.  Do not click Resample.  You will notice if you put in 600 PPI as the resolution, the size will be smaller (maybe 4x6 inches).  If you change the resolution to 150 PPI, the size will be enormous (maybe 25x18 inches).  They are exactly the same.  Nothing has changed.  When you e-mail the images and the other party opens them, nothing has changed.  They are just looking at a different resolution.  They should know that, though, if they deal with images and printing.  All they have to do to get 600 PPI is change the resolution without clicking Resample.

Hope this helps.

Tina