Scanning glass slides on Epson Perfection 500 scanner

Trying to help a friend with some scanning issues. She has an Epson Perfection 500 scanner. With the film holders, we had no trouble scanning 35mm film strips, 2x2 mounted slides, and 120 negatives (up to 6x9).

But I can't figure out how to scan old larger-than-120 glass slides. In particular, I can't figure out how to tell the scanner to NOT divide what it scans up into individual frames, but just show me the whole preview area and let me do it.

I know how to do it on my Epson V700, and the software is the same, but that requires options that don't appear in my friend's software. They appear in her help file, though. (The document type "Film (with Film Holder)" doesn't appear in her interface.)

(Also, hers is the Mac version, but my V700 is on a Windows system.)

If there's no solution in Epson Scan, can Vue-Scan do it?
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info