RE: Red Giant Production Bundle

For those that it might affect Adobe might be going back to their limited time frame for an upgrade.  At CS 5 I think they were going to make you start buying the full version again if you had version earlier than CS2.  Might want to check into this before 6 comes out and how new the existing product needs to be for an upgrade.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Red Giant Production Bundle
From: PhotoRoy6@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, March 25, 2012 8:44 pm
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
<photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I am waiting for PSCS6 too. I finally got a computer with 12 GB of RAM that can handle Bridge and PSCS3. PSCS3 can only address up to 4 gigs of RAM.
Roy

In a message dated 3/25/2012 11:37:11 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, elf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
PSCS 6 is about to come out.  The Beta was released the other day and
it's a huge improvement over CS3 which is where I'm at right now.

This software bundle is not PSCS 6 compatible.

So my next question is does she actually imagine needing any of that
stuff?  Does she have enough skill with PS to know what she can and
can't make it do without loading it up with add-ons like those?  Is
she interested in what those apps can do?  Has she got teachers or
friends who use those sorts of design features in their work?

In addition there are other questions related to the cost of this purchase.

Will she have to buy more RAM, or an external drive just to deal with
her new camera?  How current is her computer?  Is it fast enough to