Re: Member's exhibit on 02-18-12

My musings on the gallery this week.

http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html

Lea

                  John Palcewski - Break 	Wonderful colors, her position is excellent, the signs on the left add a lot to the image. Wish the line between the dark brown area and the blue area was straight; currently it makes me feel like I'm lilting. Interestingly the bowed wall seam on the right doesn't bother me nearly as much.

                  Dan Mitchell - Snow path 	This photo is visually messy to me but what you have done well is white balance snow and we all know that's not always an easy thing to do. The tree branches along the top of the image that are frosted over look whispery and interesting.

                  Sherie Taylor - Sunrise 	The two figures on the pier add so much to this image because they give it scale. The haze across the buildings on the horizon line kind of bugs me...maybe the clarity tool in LR could have knocked some of that out. Nice image.

                  Emily Ferguson- breaking up    Nice job with the contrast here. The image doesn't really move me at all but I do like your tones very much.

                  John Retallack -    Impressive blend of two images that keeps everyone but the two closest figures nice and sharp. Good food, good wine, good friends. What more do you need? Looks like fun.

                  Bob McCulloch - Goldenrod 	This image seems so 1970s travel postcard-esque and I love it. The super-saturated goldenrod in the foreground, the centered trees, the wonderfully hazy mountains in the distance and the ultra bright white cloud. Bliss, bliss, bliss. Makes me want to hop in my car and go road tripping.

                  Michael Hughes - A belated Valentine from La Belle France	The artwork on the sign is great and quite clever. As a photo it doesn't do much for me, though.

your kids . my camera . we'll click
www.leamurphy.com