RE: Lightroom 4 beta is out

I don't know what version of photoshop you are running, but adobe changed its update policy.  At one time it didn't matter how old your version of PS was when you upgraded. As long as you bought the full version you could update to the current version.  I don't know when it changed (and maybe just when I bought the CS5 upgrade) but when I upgraded to CS5, they told me that the oldest version which qualified for the upgrade price was CS2 IIRC.    I would royally suck to be a customer for that long, them change the rules and then stick you with the full price because you didn't get the rule change.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Lightroom 4 beta is out
From: "Emily L. Ferguson" <elf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, January 11, 2012 7:39 am
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
<photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Much to my dismay last November I found out how fast I work now with
ACR. I shot 250 images at a regatta, plopped them on the computer,
converted them to dng, brought them up in Bridge, sorted them,
brought them into the RAW converter, adjusted them, keyworded and
captioned them, saved them as tifs, resaved them in small size as
jpgs and backed them up and ditched them off the computer in less
time than Time Machine got to catalog them.

So when I realized that I'd ditched the mov files there was no
evidence of them anywhere on the computer.

And I understand that if I could afford PSCS4 I wouldn't have to
convert to dng. That is the most time consuming part of my workflow
now.
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx