Subject: Re: Back up plan Light room and photos
From: PhotoRoy6@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, December 27, 2011 10:19 am
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
<photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

If you duplicate your working drive on to new external drive then you will get all the files needed for Lightroom ( I'm assuming your photo only computer has everything on the C drive).

In Windows XP I know you can permanently assign letters to drives except for C (and probably A and B).

In Windows 7  I don't know if one can.  Windows 7 lists drives with OS on them as OS (C) and OS(F) and I have to check the size to see which one is C since one drive is 1T and the other is 2T.   What I have done on my XP computer is to create a folder that appears first on the drive that ids it e.q.   AAA 80 Gig Maxtor so I always can check what drive I'm on. When duplicating whole drives you have to create the folder each time you duplicate it.

Roy