Re: Lightroom should be coming today

Scott Kelby and Lynda.com are the best - also  TONS of stuff on Youtube
Best of all get "Classroom in a Book" and do the exercises.

Herschel

On 11/30/11 8:45 AM, mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Ok  I finally did it.  I broke down and bought Lightroom.  I must have been married too long because one of the key factors was that it was $100 off at Amazon.  Gee honey it was on sale.  Even though I am major ticked at Adobe as I have gotten better customer service recently from people that were trying to steal from me.  Frankly though I am not sure I have any real choice in the matter now.  So now that I have broken down an spent the money, I am looking for some pearls of wisdom.

I am looking for some training info.  IF its anything like the past Adobe products I have received, what comes in the box is usually nearly worthless.  With Photoshop I know Scott Kelby is maybe one of the best, but is his Lightroom stuff as good as his Photoshop stuff?  Any other people I need to read?

Yet I think most of you probably have used this for years now.  Experience is often the best teacher and you probably have figured out something you find extremely valuable, and perhaps others would too.  If you would be willing to share, Id appreciate the top two or three things you have learned in Lightroom that make the program more effective or you life that much easier.  I am hoping to get  a few of those that make you stop and think, "Why didn't I think to do it that way?" moments.

Thanks for your help in advance

Mark