Re: the Next Big Thing

Amazing. Imagine carrying a couple of these matchbox sized things to a location shoot. Wow...now I can buy a smaller car!
And shoot everything at f:2 with unlimited DOF!
I think I'll order three and put my medium format digital gear and lighting on Ebay but what I can't find out from the website: Does it have a tripod socket? (In case I want to shoot myself) A self timer??? Can you crop the images? and can you make 11x14 prints?

OH NO>>> ONLY works on OSX 10.6... Intel Mac... I'll have to finally buy a new computer... Sob... My trusty and reliable G5 will have to be compacted with a bag full of aluminum soda cans... (The only thing worth anything on the open market is the value of the solid aluminum casing....) Oh well. At least I won't need external hard drives cos I can store all my images on the Lytro website (Is that free???)

This is like George Eastman launching the brownie... You press the button Lytro does the rest.

Herschel