Re: Online self publishing

When I was doing more book design work in the past it all came down to numbers. Where ever you go make sure you get a few quotes. And expect them to vary quite a bit. Spend some time getting to know a printer and ask questions, about process and paper. Viste you local paper supplier and ask for samples.

POD, printing is from my experience is more about speed of getting a hot book to market rather than low numbers. I have used POD printers for technical manuals only, when we had very small orders for manuals.

Know what the advantage / disadvantage of off shore printing. And can you take advantage of it.

The question I would asked myself is how does having a POD produced book really meet my needs instead of a smaller print run from an existing print job. And will printing POD effect the quality of picture, and book production.
Graham A Brown