My Gallery Photograph of "The Gates" in B&W

Thanks to all who commented on my B&W photo of "The Gates". I expected diverse opinions which is what I got.

I photographed this installation three times. Once without snow in color, once without snow in B&W and once with snow in color. If you go to

http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=473129

you'll see examples of all of these. I really likes how the colors of the fabric shifted with the direction of the light. It was quite different with and without snow. The B&W photos were an experiment to see how a subject that people expect to see in color looked without. I have photographed other subjects like that and have always liked the result.

Mark Harris
gsphotoguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx