Re: -Gallery X - (and a new question at the bottom)

Your film scanner will make your b&w images postives as part of the scanning process. Once you have the scans, and have repaired the scratches, you create print files (300dpi x size of print) and burn a CD with the files on it. Then you go to the printer and get prints from your prepared files.

I do that every year for my notecards, using Wally Wal*Mart for the printing....

Also, for the b&ws you need to keep the files RGB when you work with them and burn them to CD. Those machines don't understand grayscale.

I'm afraid that you're on an exciting learning curve here. There are a lot of things you'll want to have control over to arrive at those print files. I hope you have access to a Nikon film scanner with Digital Ice. The Digital Ice will probably reduce your scratch removal time by about 80%. I would pay someone to do the scans before buying a good scanner and doing it myself in this situation. If the camera store that processed the film has a pro scanning service, I would try to insist that they do the scanning at no cost as part of the compensation for messing up the processing job.

Also, I feel for the husband. He must be terribly embarassed and wondering whether he did the right thing marrying this woman.
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxx