Re: A question about ownership of an image

----- Original Message -----
From: "Veli Izzet Cigirgan"
>Hi all,
>My wife is a watercolor painter.
>Somebody wanted to use one of her nude waterpaintings on a catalog for her beauty and fitness >saloon. Of course she will be using the photograph of the painting, not the painting itself.
>Question: Who has the rights to the photograph of the painting? The painter or the photographer? >>(This question is only technical for this case, but what happens if I go and photograph a painting >from any exhibiton?)
>Regards,
>Veli Izzet

The one who takes the photograph owns the rights. If the fitness center takes it, it is theirs. If you or your wife takes the picture, it belongs to you. Then you can sell it for a one time publishing right. Unless you live outside the USA. Then I don't know those laws. In any case, get a contract.

Shyrell Melara

For the Quality You Deserve!
Melara Family Photography
http://shyrellmelara.tripod.com