RE: Chris's computer graphic

:> Just buy Judy some clothes!
:>
:> Bpob
:>

Well her clothes have to be specially tailored for "Judy" and cost about
$30.  I have downloaded them and I'm learning how to dress her.  Creating
her was quite a performance (she is only a 3 D polygon after all) then
posing her took a bit of time and then there was arranging and choosing the
lighting to match the colour and quality, this last I'm just experimenting
with.

OK. There are other galleries where very complex computer generated images
are discussed and most have no photography at all.

Computer graphics are an art form like photography and photography is likely
to evolve so that with a 3D camera people in the scene could be moved if the
original image was not as desired, this is only a step or two more than
present manipulation, so not much different.

Photographic techniques are involved, like placing lights and the camera,
selecting aperture, focal length and shutter speed.  These are best learned
in a real studio, but computer simulations are really much cheaper.

Computer simulated models are much cheaper and more compliant than real ones
and I have seen several commercial advertising images where these models are
used in place of the real thing.  Now I know the limitations of simulated
models I can sometimes recognise where they have been used.  This will soon
become impossible as the graphic becomes indistinguishable from reality.

Virtual reality is now so good that people have been fooled into thinking
that they've really been to Mars!  You can get very disoriented by virtual
reality.

However the consensus is that I should desist in my computer graphics for
this forum and I'll try to remember to abide by that rule in future.

I'll send another (real) photo for next week shortly to replace the totally
computer generated graphic I've just sent, even though the model I "created"
has been described as "gorgeous" by my friends.

Chris.