Re: "gigapixl" camera

At 07:53 PM 2/8/2005 +0800, someone wrote

> Guys,
: >
: > Have a look at this super resolving power camera:
: >
: >
http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,1282,66498,00.html?tw=wn_tophead_2

This is a story about a retired physicist who has been traveling around America for several years taking huge pictures of various locations with converted obsolete satellite imaging equipment. I have read several articles over the years and no claims have been made for the newest or best anything, particularly not digital image superiority, because the images are captured on film. The camera is not for sale but the designer has stated he will help others construct similar cameras in order to carry-on with his project on a worldwide scale. His endeavor is a rich man's hobby and I wish him well.

As usual, the mere mention of gigabyte and camera in the same paragraph elicits the usual negative reaction from those who can't or won't deal with the concept of digital photography.

Sheeesh!

Dave
East Englewood
The proof is in the print .