Gallery Review for 20050129

Thank you for your encouraging comments! :o)

The highlight in the eye is entirely natural.  I try to avoid using flash
with birds, whenever possible, and this was a very young bird only a few
feet away from where I was standing.  The branch is from a fairly small
Greengage tree overhanging the lawn - so that made it possible to get the
shot from fairly close.

I was using a Pentax 100mm 2.8 macro lens with ring flash attached at the
time - so I turned off the flash and focussed manually, as I was already
doing for the macros.  Settings were ISO -- 400, shutter 1/350 f5.6.

The bird obliged by staying still.

Polly