Suggestions Needed

Hello Everyone,

I'm going to be adding another backup to the bag, and I want to go with a DSLR and make the jump finally. I currently use a Nikon F5 as my main shooter, another F5 backup, a Sony DCR-VX2100 for video work, and a Sony DSC-F828 for some digital work (surprisingly good camera, great for some appications). But it's time to start considering a jump into the DSLR world. However, funds are a bit limited and I want to start out slowly in making this little leap. I could run out and get the D2H or D2X and all the works, but I don't want to do that just yet. I need to ease myself into it, but I still need something that will provide for professional work as well.

I'm a Nikon guy, and I have had recommended to me time and time again the D70. I've looked at the specs, and it seems to be one hell of a little worker for the price especially. I really don't want to get into Canon because that would just require new lenses, etc., when I already have what I need that will also fit the D70 should I go with that one.

I'm just beginning to see more and more that I need to begin putting film, sadly, behind me for various reasons. I just want to make the transition slowly, and I'm wondering what your thoughts are on the D70 when it comes to having something that does provide for the quality of work that I require and allows for an relatively easy learning curve. Is the D70 as good as the raves I'm getting, or should I look at something else?

I'm assuming that I've posted this to the correct forum. I wasn't sure if I should post this here, in PhotoPro, or both.

Gavyn Aaron
Photo/Videographer, Artist
OutBC Productions
Galveston, TX