Re: Illegal street photography

In a message dated 21/1/05 2:22:08 am, Bob@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

>Now, it was crap similar to this that caused us to split from Merry Ol'
>>England some 229 years ago. Later, our English friends went through a
>>transformation and liberty bloomed. Now they're at it (prohibitions
>>against
>>nearly everything) again.

I am have heard it said by US friends that the reason for the split  from merry old England was that you did not want to pay your taxes to pay for wars the UK had fought on behalf of the colonies.

You are right  though in some respects. We are not keen on gun cultures.  But then our police do not carry guns as a matter of course.

But these things are never that simple.

Terry