Search Postgresql Archives

Re: compliance with 21 cfr part 11

I have built big nationwide health databases, and other secure systems requiring traceback and auditability.

The more you are able to make the required processes transparent to the end user, the happier they are and the fewer problems you have from a user acceptance perspective.

Audit does belong in the database, go and look at where the likes of Sybase ASE and DB2 do it. If you do it up front, you are continually maintaining it.

Few systems control appropriate access to data; that is a harder and proprietary trick.

Robin St.Clair