Search Postgresql Archives

Will be Wildspeed inside Postgresql contrib?

Hi all, I would like to ask you a question:

Is there any reason to not include Wildspeed in Postgresql contrib
section? We are using it in some projects and it is very tedious to
download and install it from source.

I read some email opinions several years ago (I don't remember where
and didn't find them again) which questioned its usability. I would
like to say that on linguistic corpus search systems it is an
extremely useful Postgresql addon.

In such systems each word is inside a table row itself (sometimes
going with its part-of-speech tag and/or lemma inside other fields of
the same row) and prefix, suffix and/or infix queries are
frequent. Moreover, data is not usually updated, that is, data is
inserted and indexed once and, after then, only select queries take
place so, generally, index sizes and indexation time don't matter if
queries are answered fast.

By other hand, users of such systems usually need that full-text
database capabilities must be deactivated. They don't need stemming,
synonyms, ..., and even it is not rare that they search for
prefixes/suffixes of less than three letters.

I know linguistic search systems aren't what most of you have in mind,
but it could be interesting if Postgresql could include this
functionallity by default as well so, is there any plan to include
Wildspeed on Postgresql contrib section?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

--
Mario Barcala