Search Postgresql Archives

Re: tracking scripts...

On 27/11/2013 08:20, Rémi Cura wrote:
> First serious answer :
> you don't have to use command line,
> you can use the pgadmin gui, loading your file with all the command, and
> then hit F6 (or select run as pgscript).
> This will wrapp each command in a transaction , and will print messages
> all along.
> Please test this on a few line before trying on everything.
>
> Second :
> lol for the secret message.
> There is a very famous one like this in french, in private letters by
> George Sand, a famous writter.
>
> The text is very high level and nice french, but if you read one line
> then skip the next ..,
> the message is very dirty !
>
> It is of course also very hard to translate ...

A guy I know finished finished his doctorate some years ago, more in
spite of his supervisor than with his assistance - the supervisor was
very little help, and at times actively discouraging. Anyway, when my
friend's thesis was printed, he included a short preface which thanked
the supervisor in glowing terms.... but the first letter of each line
spelt out the words "F*** you Mike". :-)

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod@xxxxxx