Search Postgresql Archives

Re: json datatype and table bloat?

ajelinek@xxxxxxxxx wrote
> Along the lines of the equality operator; I have ran into issues trying to
> pivot a table/result set with a json type due what seemed to be no
> equality
> operator.

For the curious, and also use-case considerations for development, would you
be able to share what it is you are doing (and how) that combines full json
documents with pivoting?

Compound types holding source data for a pivot seems problematic since
generally all the pivot components are single-valued and, for data, often
numerical.

David J.