Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Problem with records that disappear.

On 1/14/2013 12:15 AM, Condor wrote:

When I call the function from php everything it's seems to work,
but some time modify records just disappear. I don't have any ideas for the moment what is the problem in my postgresql or in my php code. I'm sure there was a recording was made.
I run in middle night vacuum, reindex on tables and vacuum analyze;
I check my postgresql logs, but no any errors. I check the php logs, but no errors. My vacuum also did not log any error messages. This problem happened one or two times per month and I can't track him. Is not happened very often. My question is: Is there any chance this function to stay opened or some thing like that and on the night when vacuum is started to rollback changes ? Also any other suggestions are welcome.

are you calling these functions within the context of a larger transaction, or just as standalone statements without an epxlicit BEGIN TRANSACTION ? if they are being called from within a transaction, and something else in that transaction triggers a rollback, then ALL of the changes made in that transaction go away. once a transaction is committed, nothing can undo it, other than restoring a backup or changing the data explicitly in another transaction, or something.