Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Large number of rows in pg_type and slow gui (pgadmin) refresh

Robert Klaus wrote on 03.01.2013 16:50:
We have 36,000+ rows returned by " SELECT oid, format_type(oid,
typtypmod) AS typname FROM pg_type".

My manager says this is only a small number compared to what is
expected by next summer.

Why do you need so many types?
That sounds like something in your design is not right.

When I run this select statement on the database server it returns in
under 1 second but it takes a minute to open some tabs using pgAmin
III (1.16.1).

Is there a workaround for this - most of the rows returned are from
one schema.  If we could elimiate it from the listed schemas it would
help.  Is this possible in pgAdmin III?

That sounds more like a pgAdmin problem and not a PostgreSQL problem.

Thomas