Search Postgresql Archives

Re: PostgreSQL reclaiming table space

I did not run analyze, only vacuum full - the disk usage reported by the OS has stayed the same also - the data folder under postgres is still at over 25GB.  Postgres itself also still reports db size at 25GB, but when I ask postgres for a table breakdown by size, it reports only about 9GB of tables in the db.

Will analyze help?  I was under the impression that was more for statistics gathering and index optimising?

On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 11:16 PM, Jens Wilke <jens@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Montag, 28. Mai 2012, Anthony Bull wrote:

Hi,

>This did not
> work either - postgres still reports 25GB being used by the
> database.

Did you run analyze?
Did the disk usage reported by the OS shrink?

Regards, Jens