Search Postgresql Archives

synchronous replication: blocking commit on the master

I have observed that a commit on a replication master hangs if there are no slaves to communicate with if synchronous replication is enabled. I believe I have seen a posting that this behavior is deliberate.

In my environment I'd prefer to have the master continue processing transactions if there is a failure at the slave. Questions:
Thanks.

[Postgresql Jobs]     [Postgresql Admin]     [Postgresql Performance]     [Linux Clusters]     [PHP Home]     [PHP on Windows]     [Programming PHP]     [Kernel Newbies]     [PHP Classes]     [Find Someone Nice]     [PHP Books]     [PHP Databases]     [Postgresql & PHP]     [Yosemite]

Add to Google Powered by Linux