How to specify capitalization for column names in pg_fetch_object?

Dear List,

I'm converting a PHP project from using Oracle to using Postgres. Apparently, pg_fetch_object() wants to create an object with field names lowercase by default. In the Oracle analogue, they're uppercase. So all my code's "$obj->FIELD" references need to change to "$obj->field".

Is there any way to tell PHP or Postgres to change the default capitalization?

In Perl, I'd use DBI and set FetchHashKeyName to "NAME_uc". In PHP, we're using "DB" (not MDB2) for the database connections, and I don't see a similar-looking lever to pull on

Any advice is appreciated,

dave