disabling triggers temporaly
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: pgsql-php@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: disabling triggers temporaly
- From: Mario Medina <mario@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 23:54:28 -0500
- User-agent: Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0.6-7.5.20060mdk (X11/20050322)
Hi! does it exists any way to make that a trigger be disabled only for
one insert and for other inserts not?
I have a table, every insert,update or delete on it activates a trigger
that do some tasks, but i wish that when i call special
insert/update/delete on that table the trigger doesn't starts...
The only way i think to do that is to start a transaction, delete the
trigger, do the insert on the table, create the trigger again an commit
the transaction..., and another is to make the trigger to check some
value, and if that value is 1 the trigger works, if it is 0 the trigger
doesn't, but i wish to know if it is a better way.
[PHP on Windows]