Re: PostgreSQL 8.1 + PHP5.1.x/4.4.2 + Apache 2.0.55/1.3.34

Thanks  for  help, everyone :o) I finally got it working. Here's how I
did it, by the way, if enyone encounters the same problem.

It  turned out I actually was editing the wrong php.ini, since the one
in  my  c:\php5  folder  was  never  even  read by apache. This is odd
because  I  checked  a  thousand  times,  and  I  bet my ass I had the
PHPIniDir  directive  set to C:\php5 in my httpd.conf. I tried various
approaches  to  this  -  forward slash, trailing slash, moving the php
directory somewhere else - nothing. php.ini would always be looked for
in  c:\windows  directory, nowhere else. Seems as though Windows knows
better  where  to  look  for this file than apache itself, because the
phpinfo() would show that php.ini was in c:\windows :o[[

Everything works pretty neat right now. Thanks for help again
Chris

>> I probably was. Unfortunately, editing the right one
>> (which was
>> missing, by the way) didn't do me no good. Any other
>> ideas, what
>> might I be doing wrong?

>> Thanks,
>> Chris.

oyc> 1. did you rrestart apache before checking if anything
oyc> changed?
oyc> 2. check this link for throough instructions how to
oyc> get everything working - it works on xp home since
oyc> i've done it twice.  my guess is works on 2003, too.

oyc> http://www.geocities.com/operationsengineer1/

oyc> is php_pgsql.dll showing up as installed when you run
oyc> phpinfo()?  it could be that your php.ini file isn't
oyc> being read.  i have instructions for how to set up an
oyc> environment variable that will automatically read
oyc> php.ini in the php set of instructions (i think - it
oyc> is one of the three).

oyc> good luck.

oyc> __________________________________________________
oyc> Do You Yahoo!?
oyc> Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
oyc> http://mail.yahoo.com

oyc> ---------------------------(end of
oyc> broadcast)---------------------------
oyc> TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

oyc> --

oyc> Nie przychodz! Nie przyjezdzaj! Nie dzwon! Zamow ogloszenie
oyc> drobne do "Gazety Wyborczej" przez internet wchodzac na
oyc> http://www.aaaby.pl/wyborcza i wygraj nawet 10.000 zl!

oyc> ---
oyc> avast! antivirus: Incoming message clean.
oyc> Virus signature database (VPS): 0617-3, 2006-04-28
oyc> Tested on: 2006-04-30 15:38:14
oyc> avast! - Copyright (c) 1988-2006 ALWIL Software.
oyc> http://www.avast.com

                     mailto:belfegor666@xxxxxxxxx

---
avast! antivirus: Outgoing message clean.
Virus signature database (VPS): 0617-3, 2006-04-28
Tested on: 2006-04-30 15:54:00
avast! - Copyright (c) 1988-2006 ALWIL Software.

Nie przychodz! Nie przyjezdzaj! Nie dzwon! Zamow ogloszenie drobne do "Gazety Wyborczej" przez internet wchodzac na http://www.aaaby.pl/wyborcza i wygraj nawet 10.000 zl!