Re: How to parse data type array columns?

if you use array data type in your database design and query your tables with PHP you get a string which represents the array. It can look something like this:

[1:2]{{"Hallo", "Te\"st},"},{"Hallo", "Test"}}

Do you still get that if you use the binary format? I would expect it to be
easier to parse the binary format than this format which is really intended
for humans and dump files.

I think the right place to deal with this is down in the driver where it has
all the information about the types and can request the format it wants from
the database.

I _really_ want to have an array parsing function in PHP...I'll have to check if they query in binary mode or not...

Chris